2009/01/25

yamagata food

good part of taking business trip is that you'll have a chance to enjoy the local food there. this time was good choice: yamagata. I often consider that we can find all kinds of food in Tokyo but I found it wrong. Still so much food I'm not much familiar with everywhere!

The local foods I could taste in this short stay were things like Natto jiru(Miso soup a lot of vegetables and crushed fermented soybeans in it), Imoni(cooked various potatoes), Bukkake soba( buckwheat noodles in cold soup. shocked a little cause I thought soba noodles should be always served only in a hot soup. it was icy cold soup!), Tsukemono sushi(literally sushi with pickles on it. good presentation and yummy! maybe can't become a main dish like a normal sushi but i liked it a lot). Furthermore there are Dongara jiru(it is a miso soup you tossed all the body part of fish in it. I even found fish testicles but good for snowing cold night) and mountaineous plants cooked with miso and vinegar(nuta) . They are so good! My most favorite thing from Yamagata is Fuukimame (greenpeas cooked with sugar) though I still can't find any tastier than those of from Hamaya in Tokyo.

0 件のコメント: