2006/06/09

Once upon a time....

The good thing is that I got my dog back from the hospital but the bad thing is that I can't give her milk for a while. So I found 3L stock of milk which expire tomorrow left in the fridge. My nature doesn't allow me to waste things. もったいない。

Hmmm....things which use a lot of milk..... Okay, pudding. Milk jell-o. and maybe white sauce stew for dinner.

If you have egg, milk and sugar it's not hard to make pudding. Is there any egg in the fridge? Yeah, I found 1 pack of eggs..... It says 600 yen!? It's almost $6. Oh I now remember my dad was saying that he got eggs from someone as a gift. Nice. The average egg price in Japan is about 200 yen for 10 eggs but this one costs 3-fold. Interesting price for me who was buying eggs from Equality brand (known for its cheaper price in Canada.) I appreciate the importance of organic food and I'm trying to change my food style slowly into organic style but it seems I still need a time before I can afford fancy eggs.

The funny thing about this egg pack is its product name. "Dreamlike Egg: Once upon a time there was an old man."
I can understand till the part of "dreamlike egg" but what is the hell about an old man?? Yeah I'm sure there was an old man in the old time too....and they must have been eating nice organic eggs.
Anyway I could get rid of 1L of milk for pudding and basil milk jello. Milk jello is good treat for coming hot summer and if you mix with something leafy like green tea or basil, it can give you refreshing taste.

The last pic is Japanese traditional sweets that Yuko's mom made. Isn't this pretty? I've never tried making Japanese sweets before cause it requires a lot of preparation (and nice artistic taste) but since her mom is holding a sweet cooking class at her home, why not attending that class too? Thank you Yuko, it was yummy! Have a nice trip to Germany! Posted by Picasa

0 件のコメント: