2006/07/26

China (food)


It's kind of all of sudden but I was in Shanghai last weekend. When I was talking to my good friend, YangYang from Shanghai on MSN the other day, he was like "why don't you come to China tomorrow? I can show you around". Yeah, China and Japan is getting closer and closer and it takes only 2 and a half hour to go to Shanghai from Tokyo. Visiting foreign country is not that difficult as before and I'm lucky to be born this generation.
Anyway I couldn't get the air ticket the next day so I departed one week after. China....the country with the largest population, the country developing with the incredible speed... and of course the country with the richest food culture.

The first thing I was shocked about that country is its traffic manner. There is noooo traffic rule and they are doing better without it. There was no priority for pedestrians but it seems that they are having less traffic accident than Tokyo. That's kind of unfair.....
But in the morning I can get up with much honking noise and that makes me think I'm in really "Asia". Yeah I like its pepuliar noisiness and smell from the street....

Unfortunately about the food, I already had stomachache by the second day there I couldn't eat as much as I wanted to, but still I enjoyed food there. Chinese food is the best in the world! The food in the pic is 豆腐花。 I only had that with sweet sauce before but this time it was in savory soup. mmm....yummy! Other things I ate? I can't count.....they treated me so good. Chicken feet, spare ribs, dim sum, fish mouth..... That's true Chinese eat everything but bones. It's endlees if I start talking about food but if you have a chance to go to Shanghai I recommend you to eat seafood like shrimps. They are quite tasty.

うーん、ほんとはもっと書きたいけどまずはここまで。でも腹痛のせいでstreet foodがトライできなかったのがかなり悔やまれる。お饅頭一個30セントくらいだから無理にでも食うべきだったか。中国と言えばグルメ旅行なのにぃ。レストランとなるとほとんど中華ばかりだけど、でもモールのfood courtとかに行けば入っているお店は(特にデザート系)海外からのものも多いし食生活はほんと豊か。でも菜食主義者はどうしてるんだろう。
まあ食べ物についてはコレくらいにして次は観光系の話でいきましょうか。

0 件のコメント: