2006/08/23

omino (おみの)

It's been a while since my mom went to Germany to visit my sis there and as I've been stuck at home doing household things for a while, my mom's friend pitied on me and she took me out for a dinner. It was kind of awkward to eat out with my mom's friend as I've never met her without my mom's presence but I had a great time.

She took me to a fancy restaurant called "Omino" in Nishiogi and yumyumyumm ... it was so good! Omino is a kyoto-styled "Kaiseki" restaurant and Kaiseki was one of the things I missed so much while I was in Canada. When I was in Toronto I enjoyed rich food culture there but unfortunately they don't have nice Japanese food because of the small Japanese population. Of course you can enjoy inexpensive sushi and home-made style Japanese food such as "Oyako don" in Toronto but not "Kaiseki". Kaiseki is a kind of dish you enjoy by seeing and tasting (目で楽しみ舌で楽しむ!) and accomplished only by well-skilled artistic chef. It is like Japanese version of french full-coursed dish and requires exquisite taste as each of the dish should be displayed with matching plate.

Things I ate...(things only I remember. as there were so many plates served after and after I might have missed any)

-Ohitashi (kind of new taste as kaiseki as they use western ingredient like bacon)
-Nama yuba (my favorite!)
-Osumashi (with Hamo on season. that was damn good)
-Tougan and other vegetables (in a chilled summer-looking bowl. was pretty)
-Otsukuri (Hirame with momiji oroshi, oishii~~)
-grilled fish (fish i don't know its name)
-huge oyster (tastes so rich! according to the chef, the bigger oysters taste the richer, and the smaller oysters tastes "sappari")
-Akadashi
-matsutake gohan!(matsutake is a fungi everyone fancy about)
-caramel ice cream

you can tell how much nice food I got from the above menu. mmmm....I love eating foods that I can't cook by my own. they are art!

The interior coordinate was great too. all the tiles around kitchen are "Masuko yaki" and big counter-table is made of "ichimai-ita (one-sliced thick wood. no seal). cupboards seem like "Edo-style" and they have nice "Rankan" and "Sashiko" from Ishikawa. everything was so deliverate and professional.

脱帽。やっぱおいしいものって人を幸せにするなあ~。
おいしそ~うなお肉も焼いてましたがさすがにこれだけ食べた後だと何にも入りません。はも、おいしいのでおすすめです。

0 件のコメント: